JOB OPENING - Manager, Clarkesville-Habersham
site exists primarily to provide board information to trustees,
staff, and the public. A printable version of all sections of the
Northeast Georgia Regional Library System Policy Handbook is
presented in PDF format so that the printed copies will be identical
to handbooks distributed at board meetings. Adobe Acrobat Reader
will need to be installed on your computer in order to access these
pages. A free download is available at http://www.adobe.com.
are also links to the PINES
Public Library Services, and GALILEO,
as well as basic information about each affiliated
Orientation - Summary
Orientation - Manual
County Library Program Personnel
Policies - Habersham
Interlibrary Loan Form & FAQ - ILL
PINES Circulation Policies & Procedures - PINES
Most Recent board minutes - Minutes
FY2013 Annual Report
The Northeast Georgia Regional
Library System has its headquarters in Clarkesville and works with
six affiliated libraries in Habersham, Rabun, Stephens, and White
Counties. The four counties cover a geographical area of
approximately 1,067 square miles.
Clarkesville Library was started in 1928 and was the regional
headquarters until 2009. The two Habersham County Libraries
(Clarkesville and Cornelia) joined with the Stephens County Library
Program, with the exception of Toccoa, to form the
Habersham-Stephens Regional Library System on July 15, 1944.
December 19, 1951, White County joined the system, and the name was
changed to the Northeast Georgia Regional Library System. On August
14, 1956, Rabun County joined, and on July 1, 1966 the City of
Toccoa joined, completing the system as it exists today.
first system librarian was Byrd Ivester, who served from 1944-1963.
Kathryn Sovey served as Acting Librarian from 1963-1965. Elizabeth
Rountree was appointed Director in 1965. Emily Anthony became the
Regional Director in 1972. On her retirement in 1988, Emerson Murphy
was appointed as Regional Director.